How to Maintain Your Dental Health
Do you look in the mirror and see what used to be pearly whites, but is now a cloudy yellowish color? Taking your dental health seriously is crucial if you want to avoid cavities, keep your smile looking beautiful, and spend less time in the dentist’s chair. Luckily there are ways to help maintain your dental health.
6 Ways to Keep Your Teeth Clean
- Try to avoid food and beverages that can stain your teeth. This includes coffee, blueberries, wine, soda, smoke, etc. These everyday foods can be harmful to your smile and dental health.
- Flossing daily is very important. Nowadays, there are many options for flossing such as the traditional string floss or the hand held flossers that are perfect for on the go. Unlike brushing your teeth, flossing is something you can do anywhere!
- Gargling with apple cider vinegar may sound unpleasant, but it works! All you have to do is gargle when you wake up in the morning, then brush your teeth right after. The vinegar helps diminish teeth stains and also destroys bacteria in the mouth that can cause bad breath.
- Using baking soda when brushing your teeth is a brilliant way to keep those teeth sparkling. Baking soda removes stains on your teeth and whitens them, too.
- Switch your toothbrush out regularly to reduce the number of bacteria entering your mouth. Several germs live on and in your toothbrush and changing your toothbrush about every three months can limit the bacteria that can lead to bad breath.
- Finally, maintain good dental health by going to your annual dental exam. Visiting the dentist confirms that you are keeping your teeth clean and healthy and care about your dental health.
At Family First Dental, we care about your teeth. Call us at (402) 644-3177 to schedule your next dental exam or view our smile gallery to see how we can improve your dental health!
Posted on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Last modified on: Monday, December 11, 2017