Where to Begin with Dental Crowns
A dental crown is an artificial cap that fits in place of a damaged or discolored tooth. Crowns are most often used to fully replace a tooth (in the case of a dental implant); or to help shape a broken tooth, or otherwise improve your mouth's appearance.
These days, crowns are created mostly of porcelain or ceramics, but can also be made of gold, acrylic or metal alloys. Your dentist can recommend the appropriate material based on your oral needs.
Why Would I Need a Dental Crown?
- repair a broken tooth or a tooth that has been worn down
- repair and cover a tooth that has been treated by a root canal
- replace a missing tooth as part of a bridge
- replace a missing tooth on a dental implant
- cover discolored or poorly shaped teeth to improve the aesthetic appearance
- repair or protect a tooth that has a large amount of decay, chips or cracks
- close minor gaps or fix minor tooth alignment issues
How Do I Get Started
We are anxious to show you the difference dental innovation can make on one of your greatest personal assets, your smile. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an introductory visit, please give our office a call: 1 (402) 371-6566.
Follow this link for more information on same-day crowns (CEREC)
Posted on: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Last modified on: Monday, May 6, 2019